The Media Studies Program offered at IMM through AQU currently is home to 440 students. The aim of this program is to produce thoughtful, well-rounded media professionals who are versed in the technical, creative and practical aspects of media.
Our students spend their first 3 semesters at AQU’s Abu Dis campus taking a range of classes in the Arts and Sciences. Their final 5 semesters are spent at IMM’s Ramallah/Al-Bireh base, located near all of Ramallah’s international press and media offices, where they focus exclusively on media studies. By the time they graduate our students have amassed 132 hours of credit in media (most Universities require and provide only 120 hours). At least 50% of their coursework is practical experience in media.
Our students choose their focus of professional concentration from four tracks:
- Television (where they gain experience with AQTV and make use of our television and specialized sound studios)
- Radio (where they participate in all aspects of programming for the newly established community radio station HonnaAlQuds)
- Film (as part of a newly created program in conjunction with Antwerp University)
- Print Journalism (where IMM’s location is of great assistance)
- IMM’s students benefit from IMM’s collaborative relationships with media institutes, newspapers, television stations, NGOs and other universities throughout Palestine.